1937 Delage D8-120 S Aerodynamic Coupe by Pourtout LE 24 Pcs in 1:24 Scale by Automodello
This is the 1937 Delage D8-120 S Aerodynamic Coupe by Pourtout in Black in 1:24 Scale by Automodello. Homage edition limited to only 24 pieces. One piece left.
This car was
commissioned by Louis Delage himself for the 1937 Paris Auto Show and as his
The design was entrusted to Georges Paulin, principal stylist
for coachbuilder Marcel Pourtout.
Built on a D8-120 S chassis, the car's
suspension is lower than standard, and Paulin was able to create a sleek
In contrast to other contemporary designers,
Paulin did not use any chrome filets or external decorations on the body to
emphasize the design.
Rather, the continuous curves and tapers of the
all-aluminum coachwork are allowed to speak for themselves.
At some time,
the Delage was modified by another French coachbuilder, Saoutchik. The "updates"
were apparently carried out in 1953 for a M. William Raidy in
France, to include a re-fashioned
nose with a rounded radiator cowl and chrome louvres running horizontally below
the small new radiatorand grille, a chromed windscreen and a bigger rear window.
When the car was restored, the original Paulin-Pourtout front end was
Limited Edition of only 24 Pieces Worldwide.
- Each model is hand-numbered on the certificate
- Hand Painted in automotive quality paint ensuring an enduring finish.
- The paint and trim are polished by hand resulting in an absolutely gorgeous show-winning finish.
- Interior materials are textured to accurate scale.
- Interior gauges are highly detailed down to the single center-mounted multi-function instrument.
- Carpeting is flocked to scale
- Excellent fit on all door, hood, and trunk seams
- Raised chrome foil used on all emblems and lettering.
- Tail light lenses are replicate with tinted red lenses.
- Bumpers and trim are chrome plated
- World class finish throughout
- This model is truly a beautiful work of art
- Model finished with rolling wheels